Happy New Year!!!!
Twenty ten … far out [insert alternative expletive here]. So how did your new year start?? Mine? Quiet. Just the way I like it … the experience of fireworks from the comfort of my sofa, bottle of champagne and vintage champagne glasses, AH [adorable husband or abomniable depending on the day] at my side watching on. And then? well two unfortunate things … the first Baby Monkey shuffled from his bed half asleep looking for mamma. Thaaaanks. AND even more heart breaking a total ground hog day moment – the movie “you can’t stop the music” kicked off to start the new year. Are you f’riggin’ mental? This is waht happened last year! Does this mean that 2010 will be a god damn repeat of 2009? If it is anything remotely similar about this year to the last I think I will find a lovely white padded cell and settle down for a few years of “rest”.
Let’s for the purpose of the argument say that 2010 is NOTHING [did you here that universe? – nothing] like 2009. So what is it going to be like?? Weeeellll, if we fast forward to this time next year here is my top 5 things that I think would have happened:
1. third cheeky monkey [sucker for punishment i know]
2. totally addicted to computer – not games tho’, but my cache of social networking tools under my control
3. lots of travelling [work demands it …]
4. PLENTY of domesticky goddessiness stuff … like today’s attempt @ vanilla cupcakes & choc chip cookies
5. I aPPleFluff pledge to be 15kg lighter than I am today for at least 6 months. That’s pretty much 600g per week.
I’m not sure how compatible 4 & 5 are – but we’ll give it a crack and modify domestic goddess behaviour toward things such as knitting, crocheting etc. which probably means I should add just one last little point of difference:
6. FINISH … yes finish, all my current projects [there’s a few: Jo Sharp Garter Stitch Jacket; Icarus Scarf; Log Cabin Blanket; Whirly Gig Blanket; Babbette Blanket Summer & Winter; Crochet Stars Bunting; Valentine’s Garland; BSA Armwarmers; Kim Hargreaves Crochet Mohair Beaded Scarf [can’t remember name of it]; Susan B Anderson itty bitty toys Hippo; oh I probably shouldn’t forget the Lingerie Lace Scarf that I have promised to finish for Little Fire; or the Knitting under the Sun Madeira Lace Scarf too … Can you tell I get bored easily??
Upon reflection … I’d say that 1 & 2 are 99% a reality [and no I am not already pregnant] and the others are wishlist items. But I have plans … I do, I do … It’s exciting really as this is the first new year in a while where I feel like a change is in the wind for me. It’s feelin’ good my friends, in a crafty [that’s crafty like a fox] way, I believe this is the beginning of something wonderful. I’m off to start my Journal. aPPle